Monday, February 16, 2009

Kona Out of Time

So my friend Ben just posted video of my last trip to Kona, November 2008, so please don't be confused just because I am here now.

Here are two videos, which I won't bother embedding here, I'll just provide the links.  The first is my dive to 44meters.  On the way down I had to pause to deal with pressure equalization issues (I seem to have this problem more than most freedivers).  On the way up I took a few initial arm pulls as a little safety margin, as it was my deepest dive to date.  In fact, I would be inclined not to post this video, except the bonus, DOLPHINS!

Look at the end of the dive and you can see a dolphin behind me.  Dolphins in Kona are rather ho hum, though.  After the dive is some more dolphin action.

The second video is a more textbook dive to the same depth.  Julie is a member of the Canadian national team, and her dive is a lot smoother.  She is also using a top-of-the-line monofin and freediving suit (low-friction smooth skin).  It was also her personal best.

Robert's video 

Julie's video 

No comments: