Friday, December 26, 2008

Dungeness Crab Boil





















































On Sat Dec 20, I had a crab boil at Donna's Alameda house. I think Dungeness is a real Pacific Ocean treat, succulent, affordable, easy to prepare and not overfished. It's rated best choice by every seafood watch (crustaceans are generally doing well, perhaps are even benefiting from the overfishing of other species).

I was going to buy 25 crab for the boil, but unfortunately it was $5/lb that day in Oakland Chinatown (had been hoping for around $3, as it often is when the catch is good), so I settled for 17. However, Atlantic lobster is experiencing a glut (see below) and so was only $6 ($10 is more typical) so I bought 6 of those.

1 comment:

babbler said...

Greetings from the Dungeness crab capitol, Newport Oregon! I just had to let you know how much I like your blog! The pictures are great, and I bet the dinner tasted even better! Happy Holidays! "Mrs. Slug"